November 30, 2008

How lovely are your (plastic) branches

Bought a tree and the trimmings this weekend! Very pretty if I may say so myself.

I have my many years in the fire-safe dorm to thank for the fact that I now think of fake trees as totally normal. I almost forgot buying a real tree was even something some people do.

6 comments:

Juliette said...

looks real from here! =) Trees aren't even for sale yet in this country...most people set them up in the week before Christmas, but many only on Christmas Eve. The real ones are all charlie-brown-esque so you can clip on your candle holders and light real candles. I think the prominence of real flames on the tree cuts down on the number of Germans using plastic trees. I will be doing good if I can get my husband to bend his tradition and let me buy/decorate our tree a week in advance....you know I'll post about that one! Will you celebrate Christmas in the States?

Anonymous said...

You put your tree up in November?!

I worry about you Mindy, I really do. :op

Anonymous said...

Oh, it looks nicer than it looked on skype yesterday! You are so good. I am closer to reconsidering to doing my tree now.
-Lauren

better than 8 accidents said...

^^ You silly Englishwoman. The Christmas season starts when Thanksgiving ends. Get with it!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute vece sized tree. Under 5ft like us.

Courtney

Anonymous said...

Tell Father Chrismas I said "Hi".

Uncle Blaise