November 16, 2008

The Question Mark Inside

More Flickr pics

From last Saturday until today there was this amazing art project at St Paul's cathedral called "The Question Mark Inside". It was to celebrate the 300th anniversary and people contributed words about what makes life meaningful. The words were projected onto the enormous dome at night, and it was lit up a bright blue to celebrate architect Christopher Wren's love of astronomy. The artist Martin Firrell also wanted to make people see the cathedral again, rather than being used to it and overlooking its beauty.

It was the coolest thing. We have a great view of the cathedral from our office, and I worked late several nights this week, plus it gets dark so early now that I got to see quite a lot of it. I met my friend Sarah for dinner near St Paul's on Wednesday and walked across the Millenium Bridge (shown) towards it, and it's even more awesome as you approach it.

St Paul's website article about this project

No comments: