December 6, 2008

The Festive Menu



My local McDonalds is serving mincemeat and custard pies this season. Hmm.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Custard?!

They should be eaten hot with cream or brandy butter, like in a Marks & Spencers advert.

The other day I was flabberghasted to discover someone who claims never to have had a mincepie before.

*shakes head* The shame.

(For nice mince pies try the Tesco bakery flaky-pastry ones. WITHOUT custard.)

better than 8 accidents said...

Kate, you need to clarify on your shock -- you discovered an ENGLISH someone who claims to have never had a mincemeat. I can almost guarantee 98% of the 6 people who read my blog have never had it either.

I can further say I happen to know your English someone is prone to attention-seeking lying. And he kicks puppies.

Joel said...

You better have gotten one of those.

Kate said...

Mindy, you're right, I should have been more clear, and the attention-seeking lying hasn't escaped me. My initial reaction was suspicion; the shock was a secondary response in good faith. ;)

I am still of the opinion that it is impossible to live in this country and avoid mince pies. But proper ones, not those mcdonalds things!