September 14, 2008

I'm still getting free glass, even in England



This little place is just down the street from me and made me really happy when I first noticed it. I half expected to see my mom inside. :)

I popped in there Saturday morning to see if they'd sell me a piece of glass to rest my hair straightener on (I am very fire safety conscious after my years as an RD) and they cut me a piece right on the spot and gave it to me for free. I'm a bit of a novelty in my area, so I think they enjoyed an American woman walking in talking about her family's similar shop!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only someone in the vece family would take a picture of a glass shop.

Miss ya- love ya
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Mark says "If I walked into that place, I would half expect your mother to be YELLING at me!" - Jackie

Anonymous said...

Min- yea! I wonder if they sell Sprayway glass cleaner?!

love, mom

Anonymous said...

hysterical mindy! I'm sure your mom is relieved.. (Hi Mom)