September 14, 2008

Seeing more of England

My friend Joe and I took the train on Saturday to visit friends on the south coast. One lives in Southampton and the other in Portsmouth. Those towns have huge rivalries dating back to when they were competing port towns, but now the (actual) hatred (!) exists mostly because they are rival football teams.


Joe and Kate in front of a medieval wall in Southampton. The rest was destroyed by the Luftwaffe.


Joe, me and Kate at her apartment. Nice face, Joe.


Katie and Joe in a very cute pub in Portsmouth.


The pub was on a hill overlooking the city. Here's the view:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I see Basingstoke in the map picture!

Anonymous said...

What is that thing Joe is doing with his face in the first picture? He's not... smiling, is he?! :-0

Cynthia said...

They are the cutest people! I love all these pics Mindy.