This weekend is the annual "Open House London" event, where there are free tours of buildings and properties around the city. You can go see things that normally people wouldn't be able to see, like the inside of old banks and homes. Also if you book in advance, you can go on the London Eye for free. It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend in London (amazingly) so totally perfect for this.
I didn't do much with it, but there is this very odd misplaced estate about one second from where I live that I got to visit. I hadn't even noticed it until more than a week after I'd been using the bus stop right in front of it, because it's behind a gate and set back from the road. But it was part of the event weekend so I was thrilled to be able to go inside the little chapel that is oddly on my street that leads into the huge front yard. It's beautiful.
The chapel from the inside of the gate
My normal view of the chapel when I get off the bus right in front of it!
Immediately across the street are these shops. It's SO strange that the old manor is there. Clearly it was there before everything else!
PS. Happy birthday Mom! :)
1 comment:
That estate is gorgeous Mindy and as you say it seems to have been the perfect day for it. :)
If you make your way down to the South Coast again you must let me show you Ozbourne House on the Isle of Wight.
I can't visit the IOW without taking a stroll round at least the grounds of this place (linked in user-url) which was the favourite home of Queen Victoria.
Post a Comment