June 23, 2010

World Cupcakes

England vs. USA in the World Cup! Normally I'm the cool, interesting American, but this day I was the hated enemy. I was tempted to put on a fake English accent when I went out shopping.

We went over Pete's parents' house (you know, the in-laws...) and watched the game. His mom made these cupcakes and also decorated the house - and their grandkids - for the event.



Uncle Pete brought craft supplies for the kids to make flags. His 3 year old niece chose to be on the American side, which was great, and particularly funny watching her jump on the couch shouting "America! America!" over and over.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

I was thinking of you when Germany won last night! I'm glad Germany doesn't have to play the US =P Are Englanders as crazy as the Germans about the World Cup? After Germany won there were people walking the streets blowing horns and cars honking until midnight or so!

better than 8 accidents said...

thanks juliette! the brits are INSANE. totally insane. i don't know where the reputation ever came from that they are reserved and polite! ha!