June 30, 2010

My very own Bob Vila

Pete and I just made our biggest joint purchase to date, bearing in mind so far our joint purchases usually come with medium fries. Actually our respective in-laws have bought us a brand new washer and dryer which arrived on Saturday. I was all talk that I was going to install them, but in the end it was really Pete and his brute manly power that got the job done.



One thing that's different in the UK is that "laundry rooms" are few and far between (I imagine because space is at a premium). So washing machines are most often found in the kitchen. Which, if nothing else, is very convenient.








Yay!! They're in! Thanks Mom and Mum!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh Min! They are great! I am very jealous :)

Juliette said...

Yay! Laundry is the same in Germany: our washer is in our shower/tub room and our dryer is in our pantry (w/an extension cord into the kitchen!).

I'm so glad you have a dryer. We didn't have one our first year here and it was awful, esp in the winter!