January 10, 2010

Christmas 09

This was my first Christmas away from my family. Don't tell them, but I hardly noticed. (Mostly kidding) My own family had a non-traditional year because of my sister-in-law being almost due with "our" first baby so they all went to Philly to be with Joel and Cynthia.


Christmas morning. Pete and I somehow found ourselves surrounded with presents, which of course was a lot of fun! I'll spare you the pictures of me in my pajamas and glasses.





















We went to church in the morning and then to Pete's parents house for the day.







His mum set a beautiful table - I think maybe partly because of the "guest" they had this year (me!)
Delicious food. English Christmas dinner is pretty similar to what we eat for Thanksgiving - apart from the Christmas pudding, which I still don't understand.
It was great to experience a traditional English Christmas, with real live English people. And English dogs. We had a GREAT day and really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

How nice! Thanks for showing these to us :)