Pete and I spent yesterday at Hampstead Heath, which is an 800-acre park in North London. It's beautiful and we had a lovely day for it.The handsome shadow in this picture is Pete.
Look at this crazy animal! Some onlooker said it was some kind of Mandarin duck or something. I've never seen anything like it.
You can't really tell from this picture, but you can see the London skyline from parts of the Heath, including here.
When Lauren and I came to London in July of 2007, we came to the Heath hoping we'd see Russell Brand who jogs here. No luck either time.
3 comments:
The onlooker was right Mindy, it is a Mandarin duck. They're quite common in parks and reserves here. Lovely little fellows! Loads of them at the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) reserve where I used to go on holiday, and sometimes get a few at a local lake.
Glad you had such a nice day for the wander 'round Humpstead. ;)
I was there!! I was there!! I'm glad you "pushed" me to keep walking through that cute little section of London! I wanted to see Kate Winslet too.
According to the Planet Earth video we watched yesterday, yes, that is a mandarin duck. :)
Post a Comment