February 3, 2009

Snow problem

Apparently it's international news that the UK got snow. I don't know what the US news is saying, but it should basically say "Snow in the UK Proves Britons are Babies". London at least is completely unequipped for the snow - admittedly we got more than they've had in 18 years, but still ... it's not all that much really.

Despite no buses or trains running, I made a valiant if misguided 2+ hour attempt to get to work yesterday before turning back for fear of losing my wet and frozen feet to gangrene. OK, I too am completely unequipped for the snow.

Anyway, it was very pretty.





This guy used the "Grandma Betty method" of plastic bags over his shoes. I'll bet HE got to work.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, the pictures are so pretty. I can't believe you spent 2 hours trying to get to work!!!

Barry M. said...

snow more bad puns plz :)