My Auntie Sallie gave me a gift card to Harrods for Christmas and I bought this set of silverware there on Friday. What's funny about that to me is that the first set I bought here was an £8 setting for 8 from "Pound Stretcher". I don't suppose many people buy their first set of silverware at Pound Stretcher and their second set at Harrods.
Thanks Sallie. :)
My Londoner friend Joe says Americans can't be posh because "we don't speak proper".
3 comments:
oh yeah cos Joe is such a linguist.
Americans could only be posh in the 40's and 50's, when it was glamorous.
But don't accept any accusations of "not speaking proper" from Mr Towner! Such a lout. I bet you, Mindy, would never holler "Oi Oi!" at anyone?
Exactly. People with Harrods cutlery sets are better than that. ;) x
OH...but I love hearing people yell "Oi Oi!". At least when they do it in the movies...not too many Americans (at least the ones I know) scream that in the streets to get peoples attention.
Anyway, I love the new set! However did you choose a new set of silverware out of all that is in that wonderful store?!
Post a Comment