July 19, 2008

No, I'm not 98







I do, however, now own this fancy little contraption. Here's me in front of my local Tesco (grocery store, plus) with my latest concession to London life. I'm definitely a little embarrassed to wheel this thing around, but it sure does make shopping a lot easier and hopefully slightly less frequent. Actually I've seen so many people with them around that I thought I'd be a cool kid for having one. Except I was in a packed Tescos this morning and didn't see another soul who had one. Ahhh.

Had to take quick snaps of just a couple of the many, many things that are keeping me entertained as I adjust to life here.
(Click to see a bigger version).













Incidentally, these pictures were difficult to take without looking like what we here might call "a mentalist".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I can't believe you have a granny trolley! Are they really that popular down there?

That Value mince looks hideous, I wouldn't eat that in a million years. I have a feeling that you took a photo because it's called mince though (as opposed to ground beef, right?), not because it looks like human flesh squished through a colander.

JMF said...

Fish and chips . . . . . so classic, but in the frozen food aisle.

I love your blog BTW, short and sweet, but it says so much. :) Thanks .. . .

Anonymous said...

Min, I think the trolley rocks! I think I'm going to start a trolly trend here in New Haven....or somewhere in CT where no one knows me.

Juliette said...

ha- just had this conversation this morning! my husband won't allow me to get a wheely-cart (not even the cute Ikea ones), says it looks like a grandma! but you know what? we live in a university town, and every time I go to the grocery store here in Germany, i see at least 2 wheely carts being pulled by uni kids. hope that helps your grocery esteem! they're practical, esp when biking in the rain isn't on the top of the list of dry ways to get to the grocery store! (which brings me back to why we had that conversation again this morning!)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't notice the sign below the Tesco letters.

No feeding pigeons eh? That is hysterical.

<3
cynthia