July 16, 2008

Life in Lewisham




































I live in the borough of Lewisham, in South London. It's ... ok. Actually I really love living here, but the charming picture of my street is a bit deceiving as you can't see the pile of garbage (which "we" call "rubbish") in front of my house, nor my sloped floors and the thus-slanted furniture, nor the fact that my landlords just had the carpet on the foyer stairs cleaned and vacuumed just up as high as you can see if you're standing at the front door (I live on the 3rd floor).

You might get a hint as to just how, shall we say, colorful this area is by the 2nd pic above. That's my bus stop, click it for a closer look at the super-classy furniture store on the street next to it.

But don't listen to any of that. I love it here, and I'm definitely considering staying in South London when I move in September .. I'm in a short-term rental now and will settle a bit more permanently at the next move. Oh, and here's me at my train station. It's super close to London Bridge, from which it's simple to get anywhere in Central London. Is it weird to feel attached to a train station? Because I do.





(I know I need to start taking the ipod earphones out in pictures. I just forget.
They're pretty much always in, so
at least it's authentic.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING--THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT BLOGGING..AS YOU CAN SEE, I PREFER ALL CAPS. THIS DRIVES NICOLETTE CRAZY. I AM GOING TO FORWARD THIS TO HER AND SEND YOU HER E MAIL SO THAT YOU CAN ADD HER TO THE GROUP.

I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU! THINGS DON'T ALWAYS WORK OUT AS PLANNED BUT YOU HAVE AN OPEN MIND SO I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING WITH THE FLOW.

I HEARD ON THE RADIO TODAY THAT THE LATE MR. SNOW SAID THE FOLLOWING TO A GRADUATING CLASS LAST YEAR "GOD DOESN'T PROMISE TOMMORROW HE DOES PROMISE ETERNITY"

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.

LOVE YOU

AUNTIE JOYCE

HOEPFULLY WE CAN TAKE PICTURES AT ABBY'S BIRTHDAY PARTY AND SEND TO YOU. PARTY IS SUNDAY.

WE MISS YOU.

XOXOXOX

-a said...

Mindy,

as a frustrated "anglophile" (I say "frustrated" because I've never actually been there so content myself with second hand stories and the occasional "cuppa") I really enjoy seeing what you're up to. Keep posting pics.

Blessings,
-Adam

Toy Train New Tooth Brush: Random Connections To Meaning

Anonymous said...

Good to read about your adventure! :) Love the pics...I can just see you sneaking a shot here and there. Makes me LOL! Miss you! Soph