April 29, 2010

There are some things about England I will never get used to


I was wandering around Tescos (supermarket) tonite trying to find eggs. Someday I'll remember that in the UK, eggs are kept on regular shelves in the regular aisles and not in the refrigerated sections. That will never seem right to me.

3 comments:

Juliette said...

It's like the milk here in Germany. Buy the 'fresh' refrigerated stuff and it sours in 48hrs.

But buy what everybody else buys and it's on a shelf, Tetra-pak'd, tastes 'cooked', and has a shelf life of 3 months. ew.

Eggs are on a shelf over here, too. I don't mind that, but it throws me every other time as well =P

Cory said...

are they still sold by the dozen?

better than 8 accidents said...

that's funny juliette! glad i'm not alone.

mom, they're sold just as often in 6, 12 and 18. i think.