April 11, 2010

The British Museum: much less boring than expected















I've lived in London for over a year and a half but don't have much in the museum-department to show for it. But my great-aunt ("the academic", as my grandfather used to call her) more or less made me go to the British Museum so I could see the Greek Elgin Marbles and also the Rosetta Stone.

To quote her, "The English were great thieves in their day." Indeed.
We had a great time - thanks Auntie Chuckie!

2 comments:

Juliette said...

love your aunt's line about thieves, ha ha! It's so true, though. I remember getting really irate walking through museums in the Middle East as I continually read signs telling me I was looking at a replica and that the original was in the British Museum! grr! Glad you enjoyed it though!! =)

Kate said...

I'm jealous, but glad you had such a good time!