While Pete and I were North of Boston, we went to a few places I really missed and also wanted him to try.
1. Cherry Hill Ice Cream, Beverly MA
My dad's favorite North Shore ice cream. I think it's 2nd best but definitely amazing. I got kahlua chip, he got some kind of boring thing like vanilla and strawberry.
2. Nick's Roast Beef, Beverly MA
Best roast beef sandwich ever (and Pete loved it). Gordon alums still dream about Nick's 15 years later. They do this thing with bumper stickers where you're supposed to take a picture of yourself with the bumper sticker in exotic locations then give them the picture and they put it up inside. The walls are covered in such pictures, from Egypt and China and West Africa and things like, underwater or a wedding party holding them.
Pete's sense of humor often makes me groan, but I thought this was genuinely hilarious.
3. Jordan's Furniture - featuring Richardson's Ice Cream, Reading MA

Strangely enough, this furniture store boasts a huge area with an IMAX, a trapeze school, a Jelly Belly shop with enormous jelly bean sculptures, and my favorite - "liquid fireworks". My pictures can't capture it, but check out the online tour of the Reading store.
Jordan's website
They also have a Richardson's ice cream shop, which is the undisputed champion of ice cream in the Greater Boston area. This, btw, is a small.
(Pete took this picture, that's why it's so good and there's no thumb in it like most of mine).
1 comment:
It makes you groan with joy.
Pete x
Post a Comment