Well now I obviously walk a bit more than before, and I've been trying to explore my area a bit when I'm in the mood.
Went for a walk tonite and ended up in Greenwich, which I hadn't been to yet. It was lovely and kind of surprising to stumble upon!
Greenwich Pier overlooks Canary Wharf, the highest point in London
It looks like something that should be in France or Italy. Not walking distance from my house.
I was out for almost three hours and it poured rain on me (the idiot with no umbrella).
I was annoyed with a bus driver who didn't wait the three seconds it would have taken me to get to him after which I had to wait 25 minutes in the cold wind for the next bus while I was soaked. HOWEVER, it was all worth it because I got to see this incredible rainbow. The whole semi-circular bow!
It was worth this.
2 comments:
I hear you on the cold-rainy bit. We've had much of the same here in Germany and after 4.5 months my tomatoes are still only 5 inches high and the past two weeks I've had olive-sized green toms. sigh. Having pretty stuff around (like a castle or Greenwich) sure helps though! =)
But admit it - nothing can compare to the old Ferrin/Wilson Trail, eh? Though it does sound like you've upped the mileage, for sure!
Post a Comment