I gave blood yesterday.
Pete and I regularly donate blood, mostly motivated by the fact he is O- (a universal donor), as I tell everyone, he "has a moral obligation to give." It's pretty fun.
Neither of us is squeamish or has any problems doing it and mostly we find the other "regulars" are the same. Plus you get free tea and cookies.
Pete thinks he is so special for being an O-. You should see him swagger in to those school gymnasiums.
2 comments:
I remember that one of our first interactions was when I helped out at the blood drive at Gordon. They wouldn't let me give blood because I had lived in Europe, where apparently everyone has mad-cow or foot-and-mouth disease (yep, they probably won't let you guys donate blood in the US now). So I volunteered to help the process by giving people juice and cookies so that they wouldn't pass out. Unfortunately I sucked at it and at least 2-3 people passed out in the short time that I was there. The nurses were all giving me dirty looks, as if I had been doing it on purpose.
I remember that!!
Yep you're right ... they told me a couple times ago that the US wouldn't let me give blood there if I'd been here for (I think) 18 months. And Pete can't give blood in the States. It can't be forever, can it? Well whatever. We can give out juice and catch fainter like you did. ;)
Post a Comment