November 11, 2009

Weekend away

Pete and I had a long weekend at his parents' little place near Bournemouth. Last time we went was a super hot weekend in May - this was very different! Hardly anybody was around (as opposed to the packed summer beaches last time) and it was FREEZING. But it was great to be away and we had some very clear crisp weather our first day, which is always a joy when you're in England.



We got there at 1am on Saturday so I was amazed when I woke up later that morning to this beautiful view out the front window.





It's in such a great spot, right on the water.




My sister bought us shirts when she was in Nantucket and we both wore them all day. Pete wasn't excited wearing about matching shirts, but I think they are GREAT!

Some pretty sights we got to see during the weekend..

Below is a slide show of these plus more pictures for the truly interested (or bored).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wearing that shirt right now (Thanks, Lauren)

Pete