June 21, 2009

Pete's Pancake Party Pictures



Regular old pancakes that Americans know and love are quite a novelty in England. They're the stuff of hushed whispers; Brits have seen them on Friends and hope one day to be able to experience for themselves. Pete was over yesterday and requested we make them, which we did.

I'm a pancake mix girl all the way - Bisquick itself seeming a bit too involved, what with its eggs AND oil needed. But there's no pancake mix OR Bisquick around here, and making them from scratch with, I don't know, 5 ingredients was a quite a job.


His first batch! He was super cute and excited to make them for the first time. We made plain, blueberry, and chocolate chip.


Also it's hard to find maple syrup here, but I had a little bottle that my friend Rob bought me at some "North America shop" he went to. (Note: add to shopping list for trip home in July).


Observant readers will notice that yes, that is my laptop in the kitchen and yes, I appear to be on Facebook while making the pancakes. (Oh dear.)

Anyway, overall quite a success.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh, I wish I could use the "Lauren Cacopardo Likes This" with the -thumbs-up sign :)