March 2, 2009

Back to my Scottish roots




I spent 12 years at Gordon College as "a Fighting Scot", whatever that ever meant to this Italian-American. But I got back to the homeland over the weekend, visiting my friend Sarah who's been home near Edinburgh since early December. Sarah unfortunately has been really sick for over 2 months.

Sarah couldn't come to the airport but made me this great sign!
















We had this AMAZING homemade banoffee pie, which I need to introduce in the United States (banana toffee).



I had such a nice visit and was treated like a (the) queen. When Sarah's better she and I will go back up to Edinburgh so we can explore more.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

That is so wierd..At a glance the first picture of Sarah's father holding the sign looks like Dean Cloutier..wierd. Anyway..Um yes..I want that recipe for that pie!!!

Scot said...

banoffee pie is one of the best things EVER.

good to see you made it up to scotland. its quite beautiful if i do say so myself.

Kate said...

Glad you had a nice time Mindy. And despite being poorly recently, Sarah is always so pretty in your photographs! Best wishes to you both. x

Anonymous said...

I love your pics! It was so nice having you here!

I'll hopefully be back in London soon, fingers crossed!

Btw, I love Kate!! Lol!

Sarah xx

JMF said...

banoffee pie - isn't that what Keira Knightly offers that guy in Love, Acutally when she shows up at his door wanting to see wedding videos????? I never could figure out what she said, but it all makes sense now.